Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Asher Roth didn't prepare me for college






Marginalizing Hell






















What to say. Well besides apologizing for not updating for over a month... How are you guys? Crushing? Killing? Destroying? Swaging? Yeah same here. The usual except this time in college. Few things I plan on doing like keeping a minecraft world that I only work on in college. I have got to start working on pieces. Yeah though college... Couple things I got to talk about. I have some rants to do. Some based on phrasing others just pet peeves. Like I said the usual. I need some inspiration for pieces though. I do want to turn a hookah into a lamp. Other then that hoping to go digital again I was a bit of an idiot brought up my tablet but not a working stylus or any stylus for that matter. Which was one of my worse moments, I forgot a lot worse though including lightbulbs, extension cords, and sleeping (not to mention waking) pills. I do have a lot to say about life up here, so many things... I should do stick figure diagrams except not because in all honesty I never liked doing stick figures. So it looks like I will just use bullet points and possibly throw in doodles later.

Things I am not quite used to in college...
  1. When I tell someone I am going "home" home is no longer a place where my mom and dad are but a dorm room.
  2. I always need keys to a room minimum and if going outside of my building I need a key card.
  3. I am technically on my own.
  4. "Allowance" has now turned into "Budget".
I do have one picture idea involving sticky notes and a blank wall. I can't drill holes in the wall it would damage property and such so I want to make a picture out of sticky notes and slam it up on my wall somewhere. It is an idea that just came to me randomly but I wouldn't be surprised if it has been done it just seems like one of the ideas that would have been done before. In fact I remember hearing about how there are often a few buildings that would have sticky note mosaic competitions. They just try to outdo the other buildings sticky note things. I might have totally dreamed that but hey it would be cool. At least after doing some research I did find some sticky note artists, like Rebecca Murtaugh and Jessica Lopez I might do a post on them later. But hopefully I will remember to actually do my piece and put it in the article and won't just leave this sentence in here and not have a picture that corresponds with it. It dawned on me though after hearing a bit of a tour that it would be cooler to take a picture of a lot of trees on my campus and then using those images to make a tree. This might take a while guys...

Moving on I want to talk about people moving on, or more accurately people avoiding others. Quick tip in avoidance you can avoid eye contact but most people just get curious. So don't avoid it just look preoccupied. That would be random if I wasn't blogging from a gym, or recreational center (at the time I originally started this post). So I am trying not to draw attention and just get some writing done (just failed because someone got drawn to what I was doing since I'm watching peoples stuff across from free to use lockers.) Decided I want to learn four new things every day which I will tape onto my pants. Yeah I have pictures it isn't that weird looking. Frankly it is just a way to learn new random things alongside actual things which I learn for academic reasons. Although so far I have used it to remember peoples names. I wrote it down to facebook search people and they apparently don't exist. Weird. Well I need to remember or at least attempt to remember names. It is something definitely suck at.
Peoples mouths are moving but all I hear is dubstep and it is throwing me off. Then of course someone talks to me and I have to say with a straight face I wasn't listening and I have to be polite about it. The obvious solution is to take out one earbud assuming you aren't using head phones. But which is more impolite? Having to force people to repeat themself or listening with one ear? Tough call I feel like one ear is worse. You guys know when I blog I basically talk to myself on the computer... Yeah, generally find a nice spot. Camp out. Watch people. Let my mind wander. Looks like I need to do some wandering though so I will see you guys around.



Cheers!
A.O

No comments:

Post a Comment