Where should I start? Maybe with the fact that
this is the first time I am posting my blog link to my private Facebook page instead of my public one...
LETS DO IT.
Well I guess with mostly and apology that I haven't attended to my blog because I am kinda embarrassed looking at who I was and what I did. Looking back I did all the digital art stuff for fun because images crucial for a blog. Man I am an idiot. I don't like the quality of the majority of what I posted on here. I guess it is part of the whole learning thing though. Just because you suck at something doesn't mean you shouldn't try despite what everyone says on league of legends. I mean a lot of my stuff was garbage but it brings up the point that I found an Elephant that is a better artist then me. After carefully thinking about it though I realized I forgot a major part of myself.
The part that really doesn't care for destructive negativity.
From an early age we are given the mixed message about negativity, that it is wrong to be negative. Turn that frown upside down, buzz kill, negative Nancy (way to go brociety with working negative and Nancy together to form the concept that being a female named Nancy makes you more inclined to be negative btw.) yet when you grow up and you watch the news you know what you find once you switch from Dragon Tales and Dora the Explora(er)? You find a lot of unwarranted negativity I'M LOOKING AT YOU NEWS CHANNELS. Yeah shock sells, morbid is money, depressing is distracting. So yeah in a business sense negativity generates more potent stories and sells. Destructive negativity I guess can really in the end boil down to just being a dick, nobody likes it when you are a dick so don't be one, somehow being toxic sells really well though so a lot of businesses use toxic ad campaigns and it annoys me but I understand it.
Except
The toxicity of the world has extended outside of big name T.V channels political ads and back alley yo mama contests, and unwarranted negativity has entered places it just shouldn't be. If I am playing a video game and I make a mistake don't meltdown (shout out to those people who can call me a hypocrite on this I promise I am working on being a better human!) If I am a minute or two late somewhere I apologize I made a slight miscalculation. Flat pure hate and negativity is generally not acceptable, I understand completely, but the "negativity" of someone having a bad day or going through a hard time is completely okay. If someone is slightly negative there is nothing wrong with that. Teachers you can't let students grow up with the "I like what you did with this but" mentality if you are just going to in the end call them out for it.
Look if someone has a frown maybe they have it for a reason. If you don't understand the reason and you aren't willing to figure it out then don't bother trying to change people. In fact I am surprised that we haven't had the changing people conversation yet but I will have that later. Anyway it is 10:35 at my favorite Hookah house and they close in 25 so have some poetry jam with your late night whine and cheese.
Knock Knock...
Whose there?
The fears and regrets you refused to share.
I'm sorry did I say the knocked?
They don't
Fears and regrets are with you every step of the way through your life.
Kicking in the door finding you when you are alone
Even for them there is no place like home.
But that's why we have friends.
Friends till the end, some till death do us part, friends who we laugh and smile with
And even when you don't know the source of the problem a friends know how to help you start
Taking out and shaking out the dirty laundry in your life
Cutting to the source sharp as any knife
There has been no strife I haven't been able to take in stride with a good friend by my side
Like any good knife keep it close by your side
The "friend" who is there just hitching the ride
Who strays and says "no because they are too lazy to help"
That
Is the "friend" who stabs you in the back
True friends know a little bit better then to be bitter when you are turning into a quitter
True friends help you rise like the tide and wash away the grit of a hot sandy day.
Cheers!
A.O
No comments:
Post a Comment