*Insert Epic Music Here*
I am starting a facebook group.
This group started as a simple idea. If there was a small step that you could take in order to show you believe in something. Would you take it?
What I believe in is the LGBT community. As for the small step I am going to take, I am going to paint my nails magenta.
When people ask, "You are a guy why did you paint your fingernail pink?"
My response will be...
"Its not pink its Magenta and not just any magenta its MANGENTA."
An interesting fact about the color magenta (At least according to wikipedia) is that magenta doesn't fall under the spectrum of light humans find visible. I find that fitting when it comes to this topic because while homophobia is serious, and while people in this day and age do know about it when you look around what do you see being done about it?
While I can't be at every convention, help comfort everyone who has been hit by this form of bullying, or be in every movement to support the LGBTQ community, I know I can paint my nails. I know everytime someone asks why I painted my nails, I can say cause I support this belief that all humans regardless of orientation is a human nonetheless.
~Cheers
A.O
No comments:
Post a Comment